An initiative by
Accelerate - to - Market Programme
Objectives of Programme
Evaluation & Timeline
During Proposal submission, innovators may apply for:
(1) Accelerate Solution Development or (2) Market Development, depending on the technical maturity of the proposed solution.
Assessment for the (1) Accelerate Solution Development phase will focus on the technology offering and the innovation of the innovator while assessment for the (2) Market Development would include both technology offering, readiness and financial capability of innovators.
Innovators who wish to apply directly to the (2) Market Development phase must fulfill the following criteria:
- Have a fully functional prototype to demonstrate on Demo Day
- confirmation from the CSOs to pilot or test-bed the solution
- Be in a financially viable to complete the project
Innovators with high potential who fail to meet some criteria will be further assessed on an exceptional basis.
The entire evaluation process to the award of projects will take approximately 9 to 12 weeks.
Enterprise Singapore offers grant funding support for shortlisted and eligible local innovators. To qualify as local SMEs, the companies must fulfil the following criteria:
- Registered and operating in Singapore
- Have minimum of 30% local shareholding
- Have group annual sales turnover of not more than S$100 million or group employment of not more than 200 employees
Local SMEs that are shortlisted to participate in the programme will be provided with funding support of up to 70%[a] of the qualifying project cost, capped at S$30,000 for Accelerate Solution Development and capped at S$250,000 for phase 2(Market Development Phase).
Examples of qualifying and non-qualifying cost are:
Foreign companies are invited to participate. However, to qualify for government’s funding, foreign technology providers are required to co-develop the solution with Singapore SMEs.
[a] Local non-SMEs can be funded up to 50% of qualifying project cost, subjected to the same funding caps for both phases
[b] Equipment and software are supported at up to 50% for local SMEs and up to 30% for local non-SMEs
FAQs on Built Environment - Accelerate to Market Programme (BEAMP)
What is BEAMP?
BEAMP is a multi-agency initiative involving Building and Construction Authority (BCA),JTC Corporation and Enterprise Singapore with the intent to build up a vibrant eco-system of innovators for the Built Environment sector. To achieve this, BEAMP will provide the platform to encourage collaboration between industry stakeholders and innovators to solve key challenges through accelerated development.
What is the theme of BEAMP?
- Streamlining construction delivery processes through Integrated Digital Delivery (IDD), Smart Assets, Maintainability and Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DfMA) solutions.
- Advancing construction technologies through Robotic, Additive Manufacturing and Advanced Materials.
What is the funding quantum for participating CSO/Innovator in BEAMP?
How will Intellectual Property (IP) issues be managed between the various stakeholders of BEAMP?
The background IP will reside with the innovator as this is what they bring forward as part of the proposal. Foreground IP, thatmay be developed through the programme phases, will be left to the CSO, the innovator(s) and/or other relevant parties to negotiate on the ownership.
Can one innovator work with a few CSO?
Yes. Should the innovator choose to partner more than one CSO, the innovator would be obliged to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with the respective CSOs so as to protect the interests of CSOs that they will be working with.
Copyright © 2019 All rights reserved